Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fifa lauches curruption investigation (again)  (Read 12141 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 16:38:33 »

Would you have voted for Sepp Blatter?
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 17:01:45 »

In his victory speech, Sepp Blatter told the Fifa Congress in Zurich: "I thank you for your trust and

confidence from the bottom of my heart and together we will have four more years - provided the

Lord gives me the life, the energy and the strength to continue on our path.

"I'm happy today we were once again able to bring solidarity and unity into Fifa.

"We shall move forward, we will put FIFA's ship back on the right course in clear, transparent waters. We need some time, we cannot do it overnight, but we will do it.

"I am deeply moved, I am honoured and I thank you. This is a new challenge and I accept it."

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 17:02:45 »

He was the stand out candidate, and out of all the candidates, he deserved to win.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 17:04:25 »

Nobody else even came close to getting as many votes as he did
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 17:24:28 »

FIFA are a disgrace, many will see what the FA have done as sour grapes over us not getting the world cup. But what scares most of these countries FA's and officials is that if FIFA were investigated properly Im sure you would find that many of these would be found equally guilty in aiding FIFA in its corruption.

Exactly. You can bet that most of the FA's have taken payments over the last 40 years since Havelange was elected in 1974, as it was how he was elected. Havelange, who was in charge of Brazil's Olympic Committee, stole money from that to 'fund' his election. Once he was in power, he changed the marketing of FIFA, and in the process the money that came in multiplied, meaning he could use that money to give 'gifts' to other FA's. Blatter was trained by Havelange to continue these ways.

I wouldn't like to say how many FA's have taken these 'gifts' over the years.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 19:59:29 »

Everyone singling out FIFA for criticism is missing the fact that pretty much all of football is corrupt including the FA.

I'm sure some, probably most, will disagree with me but I'd say the only non-corrupt tier in world football are the top clubs / leagues in the major commercial markets (England, Spain, Germany, Italy and so on). Sure they want to protect themselves, they want more income, they want bigger and better tournaments to play in, they don't want to release players for international duty and so on. But they don't attempt to hide it and they are answerable to shareholders and / or the law.

Equally they are the only ones that can topple FIFA and all it would take is the top 50 clubs in Europe to agree in unison to stop releasing players for international duty. The whole stack of cards that is FIFA would come tumbling down shortly after.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:03:34 »

Maybe Rummenigge set the ball rolling this afternoon.

Rummenigge Issues Warning to FIFA

'European clubs will no longer accept that they do not participate in the decision-making when it comes to club related matters.

We will closely follow FIFA's development in this respect in the future and take appropriate measures, if there is no improvement.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:06:00 »

That Argie (Julio Grondona) is a class act:

"I do not believe a Jew can ever be a referee at this level. It's hard work and, you know, Jews don't like hard work. " (2003)

"We always have attacks from England which are mostly lies with the support of journalism which is more busy lying than telling the truth. This upsets and disturbs the Fifa family."

"he would have voted for England to host the 2018 World Cup if the Falklands Islands had been handed back to Argentina. "

He is a Senior Vice President in FIFA. Just goes to show what a bunch of self governing gravy train riding bunch of cúnts they are.

Oh god, I hope Dorset doesn't read the first quote. I'll have ruined watching the World Cup for him.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:11:34 »

Everyone singling out FIFA for criticism is missing the fact that pretty much all of football is corrupt including the FA.

I would say the FA is more incompetent than corrupt.

By the way,Supporters Direct has released two papers recently about football governance and how they would like to see more Community ownership. They are able to read from here :

http://supporters-direct.coop/news/item.asp?n=12731&cat=sd_eng

BAZINGA !!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:14:48 »

That Argie (Julio Grondona) is a class act

He also like being around despots :

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/FIFA_boss_Grondona_and_his_Serial_Murderer/fifa_boss_grondona_and_his_serial_murderer.html

BAZINGA !!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:31:47 »

I would say the FA is more incompetent than corrupt.

The FA knew there were, at minimum, questionable methods being used by other countries during the campaign for the hosting of the next two World Cups. They did nothing because they were more interested in hosting the World Cup and they knew that saying anything would have reduced their chances to zero. They should have taken a stand at the time and started heavily campaigning to clean up the game, their failure to do so makes them as corrupt as the rest for me.

Their latest move is incompetence though unless they have the balls to continue the fight. It appears that they pretty much the full support of everyone involved in the game in this country (politicians, media, supporters at least) and they have nothing to lose. They will bottle it though.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:39:06 »

They did nothing because they were more interested in hosting the World Cup and they knew that saying anything would have reduced their chances to zero.

They should have taken a stand at the time and started heavily campaigning to clean up the game, their failure to do so makes them as corrupt as the rest for me.

No

They were there to try to win the WC campaign, not to take the moral high ground.

Of all the fans and commerce that wanted the WC hosted in England, the FA had an obligation to do their best. For a while it genuinely appeared as though we might have done it, but we all know what happened.

The FA represented all the people who wanted the WC hosted in the country and had absolutely no right to do anything but try to get the WC hosted in England. No right whatsoever. If they deliberately threw away all chance of hosting it just so they could play police, the footballing and commercial population of England would have into meltdown and rightly so.

And what are they to do now? Just keep quiet?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:41:16 by BANGKOK RED » Logged
DMR

« Reply #102 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 14:48:51 »

Warner's resigned then...

"As a consequence of Mr Warner's resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained," said a Fifa statement.

This has got to be the greatest form of justice of all time! I'm gonna rob everything I can from work then resign.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 16:12:15 »

Warner's resigned then...

"As a consequence of Mr Warner's resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained," said a Fifa statement.

This has got to be the greatest form of justice of all time! I'm gonna rob everything I can from work then resign.

Just read this quote on the BBC website, fucking ridiculous!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 18:42:23 »

That is a classic. I believe Warner still hasn't paid his 'fine' from delling 2006 WC tickets illegally. Don't worry Placido Domingo will sort FIFA out.

FIFA...You just couldn't make it up.

BAZINGA !!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: