Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chelsea v Liverpool  (Read 7089 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 13:39:20 »

Chelsea dont play breathtaking football at all.

They're a bloody good side, but the team is based around a strong defence/keeper and a hardworking yet talented midfield.

Arsenal on the other hand DID play some breathtaking football v Spurs the other night. Some great 1 and 2 touch stuff which cut spurs to pieces.

That said, the league table says chelsea are a more effective team.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 13:49:56 »

I don't agree, I think Chelsea play some superb football in the game against Barcelona it was Chelsea's lightning quick counter attacking that was great to watch, not Barcelona's possession football.

Duff, Joe Cole, Robben, Lampard, Gudjohnsen and Terry are all hugely entertaining then Mourinho just adds to it. I generally get bored watching Arsenal games, didn't think any of there european games were particularly amazing to watch this season and haven't seen anything that great on match of the day either.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 13:51:36 »

We've been here before but Arsenal were and still are more exciting than Chelsea
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 13:56:18 »

And I completely disagree, Arsenal are only exciting when someone whacks 3 or 4 past their shit defence.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 14:13:32 »

Thierry Henry is exciting. Arsenal are shit.
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 14:33:04 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I don't agree, I think Chelsea play some superb football in the game against Barcelona it was Chelsea's lightning quick counter attacking that was great to watch, not Barcelona's possession football.

Duff, Joe Cole, Robben, Lampard, Gudjohnsen and Terry are all hugely entertaining then Mourinho just adds to it. I generally get bored watching Arsenal games, didn't think any of there european games were particularly amazing to watch this season and haven't seen anything that great on match of the day either.

Totally agree that the players you've listed are entertaining to watch, and that chelsea played some good stuff that night.

In my opinion though, arsenal are a more attractive side to watch when in top gear as they were for parts of monday nights game.

Although not a long ball side like bolton , Chelsea will go long to drogba much more often than the arse who havnt got anyone who likes heading the ball up front.

You cant tell me that chelseas perfomance in the first leg v bayern was scintilating football? They knocked it long to Drogba, put the defence under pressure and picked up the pieces in midfield well. It was obviously highly effective, but pretty to watch? apart from lampards 2nd goal not really.
Piemonte

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 14:34:18 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Thierry Henry is exciting. Arsenal are shit.

Yes dave, the team who are 2nd in the premiership are shit. Just like everyone else.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 15:39:22 »

I agree with Ben actually, I love watching Chelsea and whilst they may not be as free-flowing and astounding as Arsenal were last season at times, they're a fucking solid team with some truly superb players. I reckon they'll win the Champions League.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 16:00:12 »

I thought the Chelsea Bayern game was entertaining, 6 goals and loads of twists and turns, last minute penalty, loads of tension, Lampard showing Ballack how it's done. Cool

I'm a bit biased as I've always hated Arsenal and liked Spurs so I don't enjoy seeing Arsenal win but I do think Chelsea play the better football, and our top because there a much more talented side all round rather than just more effective.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 16:16:57 »

That game was exciting. Though mainly because Chelsea scored lucky deflected goals early on in each game...

Chelsea have been exceptionally lucky this season, while Liverpool have been quite unlucky. And shit. Well, mainly shit. But they did know how to keep Juve quiet, and in Alonso they have an awesome player that Lampard had to injure to get the better of in the league. It'll be a good battle in midfield between them I reckon. The poise and clinical passing of Alonso against the energy and lucky shooting of Lampard. ThoughI think the game could well be lost by the Liverpool defence rather than won by the Chelsea attack

never trust a nun...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 20:43:59 »

That was the biggest disappointment ever.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 10:15:14 »

Chelsea are one of the most boring teams in the world ever.

And Mourinho's a cunt.

With a shitty coat.

never trust a nun...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 10:25:42 »

Yep very disappointing, Gerrard had the worst game I've ever seen him play, Biscan is dross, Traore is bollox, and Baros was a bag of wank, but Jamie C - great performance!

Here's hoping that next week is a little more attractive on the eye than that, however it was a good result for the 'Pool, so long as Chelsea don't score up at Anfield.
Piemonte

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:01:48 »

Indeed gerrard was shite, as was baros. Carradonna was immense though.

Cant believe how defensive Chelsea were considering they were at home. If they go out now, Mourinho is going to have some egg on his face for not going for it at the bridge.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 28, 2005, 11:07:43 »

Thing is they didn't concede any away goals, liverpool will have to win on the night to go through. Robben should be back to near full fitness  by then, this sets it up perfectly for the second leg, both teams have an equal chance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: