Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Williams  (Read 6452 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 10:44:34 »

I think the last Town player with both footballing ability and pace was Christian Roberts.

I'd agree but only really the early Christian Roberts for Town before he crashed his car. Was never quite the same after that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 10:52:22 »

I'd agree but only really the early Christian Roberts for Town before he crashed his car. Was never quite the same after that.

Yeah, the pissed Roberts not the sober one Smiley

I think he put a few good performances in the Wise season myself.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 19:39:03 »

I thought he was at his best during that season. Unplayable when he could be bothered. Also Swansea away the year after he was awesome, wound them up a treat!

I've got serious man love for Williams. I remember seeing a Yeovil fan saying they wouldn't miss him. He's either improved massively or they are fucking amazing. Or that Yeovil fan was a moron... probably the most likely actually.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 21:05:24 »

You always hear fans say a player that is leaving their team is shite though. Its just sour grapes.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 1, 2012, 08:02:10 »

Living down here in a YTFC catchment area I spoke to a few Yeovil fans before he signed for us and every one of them said the same thing to me....

He is a great player but cannot finish, if he can match his finishing with his approach play and pace then he will be brilliant, but they also said he was much more of a winger than a striker and that he had 1 purple patch in nearly 2 years for Yeovil which was last season when he scored something like 12 goals in 20 games.

I think he reminds me a little of Thierry Henry when he arrived at Arsenal originally, pacey and more of a winger than a striker but who with the right coaching turned into one of the best strikers in the game.

Yes I know its a bit wishful thinking in linking him to TH but he was the only player that I can think of that successfully moved in from the wing to be a good/great striker.

Every one of the Yeovil fans also said that they would have liked to keep him but that he was easily replaceable and that he moved purely for the money, rumoured to be £5k a week which it certainly isn't, unless you are a Pox fan when its nearer £10k per week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 1, 2012, 08:04:48 »

You do remember the last player we had who was compared to Thierry Henry right?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 1, 2012, 08:06:38 »

You do remember the last player we had who was compared to Thierry Henry right?
I do thats why I didnt like using the comparison, but hes almost scored as many goals for us than the last player compared already Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 15:01:15 »

Possibly out for a month says BBC Wilts tweet.

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 15:05:58 »

bostock up front saturday?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 15:09:30 »

Very bad news. He has been one of our best players this season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 15:18:35 »

Who is bostock?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 15:54:41 »

Who is bostock?

Milan Misun's cousin.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 15:57:51 »

PDC seems to be suggesting him as a playmaker rather than striker - more than likely Benson or Rooney to start

Although if PDC suggests Benson can only play 1 game maybe he will use him as a super sub but I can see him leaving come January though wanting more games
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 16:18:41 »

A month is a bit of a blow. Think Collins will manage ok though and scoring Saturday will of done him no harm. I'd like to see him and Rooney start up front this weekend but also wouldn't even mind if Benson and Bostock started. The four of them would make the majority of teams in league one.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 16:28:36 »

Not good news regarding Williams but am pleased Roberts is back as he does look at threat on the left.  Hopefully he will remain fit for a good run of games as he does provide a good balance to the midfield when he plays on the left.  What is it about calf injuries this season?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: