Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 69844 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:38:09 »

I don't want to start slating him, because what he has done for this club has been brilliant, taking a club that has just been relegated to League 2, to the top of League 1 takes some work regardless of the circumstances.
But, the club has wasted a a lot of money on his signings, a lower league club cant afford to buy players for 6 figure fees and then just freeze them out, a lower league club can't keep paying up players contracts because their manager has decided they aren't good enough after giving them a 2 year contract.
We knew what we were going to get with Di Canio, he hasn't disappointed, he has been superb and his professionalism is second to none, but what he still didn't learn while with us was how to accept being told no.

Now is the perfect opportunity for an experienced manager to come in, take on a squad of quality players, and continue where Paolo left off, his resignation is not the be all and end all and some would have you believe.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:53:20 »

insightful post, Bob, but we do know for a fact that the decision to sell Ritchie was Black's.

Do we? I haven't seen anything contradiction the "mutual sale" statement. May have missed it.
Flashheart

« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:54:47 »

Do we? I haven't seen anything contradiction the "mutual sale" statement. May have missed it.

He said so on twitter
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:56:30 »

He said so on twitter
thanks. Missed that.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 11:59:54 »

Andrew Black ‏@bertthebold
I did sanction the sale of Ritchie. I blocked it the first time it came up but agreed to it later believing it had to happen.
https://twitter.com/bertthebold/status/297858086314577920
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:06:26 »

insightful post, Bob, but we do know for a fact that the decision to sell Ritchie was Black's.
Which, if really true, means that he's got absolutely nothing to reproach the new Board for.

Thanks for everything Paolo but, like so many others in the past, you've pissed off when it suited you and left a nasty taste in the mouths of the fans.

Like someone said above I don't get how Paolo can come out as the hero in all this either.
woolster

« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:08:10 »

Which, if really true, means that he's got absolutely nothing to reproach the new Board for.

Thanks for everything Paolo but, like so many others in the past, you've pissed off when it suited you and left a nasty taste in the mouths of the fans.

Like someone said above I don't get how Paolo can come out as the hero in all this either.
Yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:31:05 »

Andrew Black ‏@bertthebold
I did sanction the sale of Ritchie. I blocked it the first time it came up but agreed to it later believing it had to happen.
https://twitter.com/bertthebold/status/297858086314577920

Oh that one, I though Flash meant McC(r)o(r)y.

This doesn't say he didn't have new board approval, the PR said it did. Black would have to approve it, the new board weren't in power.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:38:10 »

Oh that one, I though Flash meant McC(r)o(r)y.

This doesn't say he didn't have new board approval, the PR said it did. Black would have to approve it, the new board weren't in power.
why would have need approval from the new board? Black runs the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:44:22 »

why would have need approval from the new board? Black runs the club.

Because they are buying it, as before you can't just sell the assets someone is agreeing to buy. Its a small point anyway.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:45:28 »

Because they are buying it, as before you can't just sell the assets someone is agreeing to buy. Its a small point anyway.
if my memory serves correctly, Ritchie was sold prior to any contracts being exchanged.
Flashheart

« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:48:45 »

if my memory serves correctly, Ritchie was sold prior to any contracts being exchanged.

I believe your memory does indeed serve you correctly.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:52:04 »

It is understood that SY's memory serves him correctly.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:54:28 »

i understand that it's confirmed that it is understood
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:47:18 »

Even if contracts hadn't been formally exchanged they were well into negotiations and selling one of the best players would have materially affected the value of the assets. There's no way Black would have sanctioned it without at least informing the new guys, or he'd have risked derailing the whole deal
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: