Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 69849 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:08:07 »

The unrealistic side of me has us winning the league, with PdC coming back as manager and at the end of season party singing this...   ....no chance of all 3 of those happening? Surely not?!

#VivaKenBarlow!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:47:49 »

It takes strength and balls to stay in a job where you stack shelves and put up with being bullied by your boss despite being paid a pittance because you want to put a roof over your children's heads and set them a good example, rather than go on the dole. It doesn't take any gonads to walk away from a very well paid job managing a football team whose vast majority of supporters shower you with love and praise. That takes literally no balls. And honesty should be a given
you can't compare stacking beans in asda to football. We all know football is like nothing else. It stands alone. Its full of liars who say what people want them to. Di canio is different. I would say the bullied supermarket worker would be strong to say fuck your job, I'll find something else. Weak to stay and take flack for 6quid an hour.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 01:16:01 »

To be honest, the only reason to wish for the approval of the sale to be rushed through was to try to keep Di Canio.

If he's gone anyway, I hope the Football League takes a fucking microscope into every corner of these prospective new owners previous business dealings, their plans for STFC and the deal they're doing with the current owners and if they're not up to scratch tells them to do one.

If that takes another week, fine. If it means Patey has to get his hat back on and find someone else to buy the club, fine. If Black wants to go through with his mad idea of taking the club into administration, well, not fine, but probably preferable to us getting landed with another bunch of chancers out for what they can get at Swindon Town's expense.

This, this and this again.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 02:20:36 »

Do you really see us getting a few players in though?  I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed on here that:

1. the new consortium has no money
2. plus Paolo will leave
3. and we won't win another game between now and the end of the season ?

And to those thinking Paolo may come back:

But in all seriousness, I just hope there is some ambition about the next manager appointed, even if that just means an exciting rookie ex-player.  I couldn't stand it if we get someone in the Malpas mould.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 06:18:37 »

Sam's reported that Paolo didn't take training on Wes, Thu or Fri. Is that news to people or common knowledge? It's the first I'd heard of that so was a little surprised.

Also reported that Town have yet to accept his resignation although imagine that will happen as the incoming lot won't want to carry on paying his wages

Ho-hum.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 07:46:35 »

Not sure about all this "hasn't been accepted" talk

As I understand it, resignation is breach of contract so whilst it must be accepted by the other party to bring an end to the contract, how long do we suppose they keep paying him?  It would be a bit silly to just pretend he is still manager and go on paying him when he isn't even turning up for work...

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 08:19:58 »

Saw this on the bbc site comments bit:

Quote from: Saddletramp
No he didnt buy players,he offered to use his own money,big difference.
Swindons wage bill is £3mill P.A.
Alan Connell £115k let go for free.
A host of foreign signings, all left with a big pay off.
[/b]62 players signed or on loan in less than 2 years.[/b]
Yet throws his toys out of the pram when he cant sign 3 more in transfer window.
Club £13m in debt yet moans when they sell a player.
Joker

62 players signed? Yeah right
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:02:53 »

I have neither the time nor inclination to look into this, but I would not be suprised if it was correct when you take account of the Sunday league team he bought at the start, the fallings out and the various loans that never played!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:04:23 »

I reckon 62 is about right!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:05:12 »

I have neither the time nor inclination to look into this, but I would not be suprised if it was correct when you take account of the Sunday league team he bought at the start, the fallings out and the various loans that never played!
I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if that was correct - or even a little on the low side!
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:08:30 »

Statement from the club:

"The board are disappointed that Paolo Di Canio has made the decision to resign at such a critical time for Swindon Town Football Club.

"We are also disappointed that the sale of the club has yet to be approved, but we hope the outstanding issues with the Football League will be resolved within a short period of time.

"It is worth noting that Matt Ritchie was sold due to the tremendous financial pressure the club is facing and in order to continue operating whilst the sale of the club went through.

"We understand the prospective new owners had reached agreement with Paolo Di Canio on bringing in loan players to strengthen the squad for a final push for the Championship.

"The Board shares the fans' tremendous frustration at the events of the last few weeks and is determined to resolve these issues to ensure the best outcome for the Club."
lambourn red

« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:13:59 »

Saddletramp is a prolific poster on the Pox forum if it is the same guy and as we know they know more about STFC than we do due to there complete and utter obsession.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:20:10 »

As I understand it, resignation is breach of contract so whilst it must be accepted by the other party to bring an end to the contract, how long do we suppose they keep paying him?  It would be a bit silly to just pretend he is still manager and go on paying him when he isn't even turning up for work...

Selling a player behind the managers back is also a breach of contract....

We'd better hope this doesnt end up in a legal wrangle over compensation because you can be sure Paolo will be able to afford more expensive lawyers than the club can!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:22:44 »

So you know what PDC's contract was? No you dont, so how can you say that? The bollocks quota is really pushing 100% on here last few weeks.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:32:31 »

Paolo has already said it was stated in his contract no player was to be sold without his say so. so therefore it us a breech of contract.

but to me this whole PDC resigning is a complete toys out of pram moment. IMO.
He is frustrated by a delayed take-over so he can't sign the players he wants so just throws in the towel. Personally he needs to grow up slightly if this is to be the case.

The new board have no say so over the club until it is officially sanctioned by the FL so what is going on behind the scenes isn't there doing. The sale of Ritchie, whilst was shit timing, was required otherwise administration would happen.

But what is also more concerning is two weeks ago when Paolo was being interviewed about meeting the new owners and signing new players he was all smiles and pretending he knew nothing about the new owners. Basically he was happy cos he could sign yet another bunch of players. then this doesn't go through he throws his toys out of the pram. i'm sorry but that is extremely petulant for a 44 year old man to do.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:37:56 by magicroundabout » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: