Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Gone.  (Read 69850 times)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:27:14 »

The statement suggests they spoke on Friday to confirm the offer PDC put forward, he has not heard today which seems to be the issue, not that they haven't been keeping in touch - just today.  If he gave them a deadline, then fair enough for him I suppose.

If they wanted him to stay, they would have been in constant contact, and as you say would certainly have got in touch this afternoon once it became apparent the deal wasn't going to be approved today. Personally I take the announcement it will be cleared tomorrow with a pinch of salt as well, how many times have we heard that these last few weeks? And if the reason for the delay has anything to do with those former Port Vale vultures circling then the future looks bleak indeed.

Either way, we have let the best manager we have had in the last 20 years go without a fight.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:27:27 »

People seem to have accepted this as final,maybe with a bit of ego massaging he might come back if the takeovers sorted tomorrow?

Can't help but feel this myself.

PDC does love to cause a scene and distract attention from his players. Though admittedly this is a very extreme way to do it!

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:28:20 »

And still nothing official from the club, what a joke.

That's because no one is in charge at the moment.  For the time being, we are rudderless.  Not ideal really.
DMR

« Reply #138 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:28:49 »

If he did come back we'd be a laughing stock - I'd rather he didnt
Salopian_Alex

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:30:15 »

If he did come back we'd be a laughing stock - I'd rather he didnt

You already are a laughing stock.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:31:50 »

Heard he has had a better offer . . . from The Vatican.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:32:09 »

The next few days are going to be really interesting.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:32:22 »

The fucking deal is always going to be ratified tomorrow.......... but it still isn't ratiffied. This is one fucking great big clusterfuck and i want someone's head on a fucking spike - not sure who's head though.
I don't believe he's got another job lined up but I do think he'll find one easy enough. As for the deadline - how long does he wait in limbo. He's had his best player sold behind his back for half price. He's seen loan players go and none in. He probably hasn;t got a fucking clue who's in charge. He probably hasn't got a fucking clue what the new owners want.
I don;t blame him for going. This whole episode has been a fuck up beyond belief.  

Spot On.
DMR

« Reply #143 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:32:59 »

Heh heh.

Mugged off by a self righteous Shrew.

Good lord.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:33:00 »

The day that anyone cares about being laughed at by Shrewsbury supporters will be a sad one indeed.

Run along, Alex.  There's a good chap.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:33:10 »

Yeh........top of the league and laughing at the rest including your lot you muppet.

jonah

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:33:25 »

Heard he has had a better offer . . . from The Vatican.

Nah .... think he's too left wing for that job   Wink

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:34:43 »

Spot on my view too.

Mine too.  However, imo the blame lies mainly with Black for the reasons Duke of Banbury gave and the sale of Ritchie which was the catalyst for Paolo's unhappiness.  I'm sick of hearing how he saved us to be honest, it's now that concerns me and he's completely dropped us in it as far as I'm concerned.

The old board, new board and Football League can all fuck off, but also really disappointed in Di Canio after the level of support he's been shown by the supporters in the last few weeks.  Feel for the players as well, wonderful preparation for a big game tomorrow.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:34:58 »

Shrewsbury Town still have that clip art badge?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 20:35:41 »

Not that I'm blaming the new consortium (at this point anyway without knowing the facts) but McCory and co are on a serious hiding to nothing based on the past 4 weeks. I think this was brought up in the sale of the club thread a few weeks back! Whoever comes in after Paolo has a massive pair of fucking shoes to fill!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: