Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rovers Away  (Read 22835 times)
DMR

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 00:11:25 »

I can see I am the subject of lots of stick and banter. But I do hope you will respect the 2 minutes silence since the death of Ron Craig. Like you we are a family club and Ron brought so much passion to his role. When he took over around spring 2007 things changed quickly. Like you we gained promotion, got to a J.P.T final in Cardiff and managed to get to the last 8 of the F.A cup.

On saturday black arm bands will be worn and it will be an emotional affair for players and fans alike. Our brilliant manager Paul Trollope never forgot the support he got as a young manager. I know despite the banter you will respect this deep hole felt by Gasheads.... 

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10328~1900272,00.html

2 fuckin minutes? Just how important was that joker, fuck that I'm gonna make a racket.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 00:14:41 »

I recommend this man is a clown!. If you think you can walk in Bristol central in a known C.S.F pub and start drinking cider then you aint got much sense. Even before you reach the North side.

Your local knowledge of Bristol inner city is laughable !. You will be easy picking by the Reds side. Ignore this man!....

Didn't claim to have any local knowledge, I merely described what I and a few did last time I went which was a bit tongue in cheek knowing that most wouldn't contemplate drinking such a tipple on a match day, save a few of us alcoholic types. It's a convenient watering hole for anyone not wanting to rush around to catch a train.

Bristol is dodgy in general. For all we know you're a scout and you're rounding up all your mates with baseball bats ready for when the 'Swindon pub' is announced on here. My advice to anyone would be keep any real plans out of the public domain.

The only action I saw was on Gloucester Road and it put me off going back. Was fine in the spoons, didn't wear any colours or badges or sing any Swindon songs. That pub seems to be popular with rugby fans more than anything.
DMR

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 00:19:16 »

In fairness, The Inn By The Green was a bit tasty a couple of years ago, to say the least.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 00:52:58 »

In fairness, The Inn By The Green was a bit tasty a couple of years ago, to say the least.
It was fine last time I went, but they didn't let anybody in with colours on I don't think.
Doore

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 07:36:16 »

I've been out a lot in Bristol and have experienced nothing to say it is any more "dodgy" than any city in the evening.  Before a game if you wear no colours and don't make a racket there will be no problems.  This guy sounds like a 12 year old with aspirations of hooliganism (I hate that word).
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 11:29:41 »

Having lived in Bristol for years I can confirm this bloke (and a lot of people in this thread) are exaggerating. Yes there was the notorious Inn in the Green incident but it is not like being in a warzone. Especially if you avoid the pubs around the ground which are pretty much all thoroughly Rovers i am sure everyone will be fine.

There are some great pubs further down Glos Rd, down the hill towards the town centre. As for the suggestion all the pubs in the centre are full of CSF and you will get battered if a few of you go in Weatherspoons next to the station well that is absolute bollocks  Soapy Tit Wank Soapy Tit Wank.

Yes it will be an edgy derby atmosphere Saturday and there may well be "trouble" but Swindon fans shouldn't be afraid to go to this game. That would be ridiculous imo.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 17:09:27 by Spy » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 11:51:15 »

2 fuckin minutes? Just how important was that joker, fuck that I'm gonna make a racket.

Are you angling for a job as an American diplomat?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 15:33:24 »

What exactly is the CSF? Some City Firm?
Doore

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 15:39:59 »

Centre for Sustainable Futures - obviously the militaristic Bristol branch - they're crazy.

http://csf.plymouth.ac.uk/
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 15:40:47 »

Yep, they're taking reducing the world population very seriously!
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 15:46:05 »

Thanks. I like understanding what acronyms mean.
Doore

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 15:50:57 »

(Tongue planted in cheek) I think many on here may not even understand what "acronym" means...

Talk Talk

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 20:56:44 »

(Tongue planted in cheek) I think many on here may not even understand what "acronym" means...

A trapeze artiste who can understand abbreviations?
JPC82

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 20:58:54 »

is there still tickets available?
Talk Talk

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 21:01:35 »

is there still tickets available?

ARE there still tickets available  Roll Eyes

Who knows? Ring the ticket office in the morning...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: