Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper Out  (Read 26460 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 10:09:10 »

Perhaps Power is waiting for his co-owner to hang up his boots at Everton before giving it a go at managing.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 11:25:47 »

I would like to know what is the point of Cooper being there if Luke Williams now does most of the coaching and power does the recruitment.

It reportedly changed towards the end of last season.

Copper is not going to resign as he has bills to pay and what manager resigns they will miss their pay off.

We need a shake up of the coaching staff, if Williams is coaching then he is surely coaching them to play a certain way and style, so why does he not put his balls on the line and pick the team and tactics.  Why power has decided this I'd love to know as it leaves Cooper as the odd man out really just there to take the stick from fans when things go wrong and if it is going well it is down to the players brought on and how they are being improved on the training ground.

Its time for change but not change for changes sake, lets get a manager that is in charge of everything and has a say in players being brought in, not necessarily final say but not given players that are not really needed.
So why not put Cooper in charge of everything and let him have a say etc ...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 11:52:27 »

Yep.
Cooper has his hands tied both by the arrangement with Power and by the current injuries/selection issues. I can't see how a new manager is going to fix these.

I think a lot of people, if they really think about it, want Cooper out because they want something to change, not because they specifically want rid of him. Which is fair enough.. But not a solution.

This is the most accurate post in this thread IMO.

Those calling for Hasselbaink need to wake up and smell the coffee:
Power will not fork out for a top manager
Power will not fork out compensation
Burton are challenging for the league/promotion
Burton train at St George's park and are in the perfect location to really build the club.
He is at a club where he is in charge
He is at a club where he knows he won't have to rebuild pretty much from scratch every season

The only type of Manager we are likely to get is one that is willing to work under Powers rules, or one that Power trusts enough to let him make the decisions.  So if you want Cooper out, you should be careful what you wish for, because unless there is a Sherwood/Ferdinand/Barry available to be manager you are likely to be disappointed. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:03:58 »

That is one of the most depressing of posts.

You appear to hold out no hope for the future - with or without Cooper.

It is only hope - or self delusion if you will - that keeps fans coming back. The hope over experience that things will miraculously change.

Cooper/Williams have proven that they are incapable of fashioning even the most basic of defensive shapes so we can be sure that the howlers will continue unabated with them remaining at the helm.

So, really, without change what's the point.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:12:44 »

The only type of Manager we are likely to get is one that is willing to work under Powers rules, or one that Power trusts enough to let him make the decisions.  So if you want Cooper out, you should be careful what you wish for, because unless there is a Sherwood/Ferdinand/Barry available to be manager you are likely to be disappointed. 

If Cooper goes then the replacement is likely to be someone like Dave Hockaday. He knows the current set up, is close to Cooper and Williams and would be available. His coaching credentials are good but managerial record is more patchy after FGR and the Leeds debacle. Might end up as a do a job until the end of the season appointment if Power decides Cooper has run out of steam
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:15:40 »

KING IN!!!

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Spud

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:16:11 »

If Cooper goes then the replacement is likely to be someone like Dave Hockaday. He knows the current set up, is close to Cooper and Williams and would be available. His coaching credentials are good but managerial record is more patchy after FGR and the Leeds debacle. Might end up as a do a job until the end of the season appointment if Power decides Cooper has run out of steam

He was appointed at Kidderminster the other day.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #82 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:16:57 »

He took over as Kidderminster manager yesterday - thank God!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:19:02 »

KING IN!!!

I hate to break it to you...
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:20:48 »

KING IN!!!

I fear he may be unavailable
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:37:12 »

That is one of the most depressing of posts.

You appear to hold out no hope for the future - with or without Cooper.

It is only hope - or self delusion if you will - that keeps fans coming back. The hope over experience that things will miraculously change.

Cooper/Williams have proven that they are incapable of fashioning even the most basic of defensive shapes so we can be sure that the howlers will continue unabated with them remaining at the helm.

So, really, without change what's the point.

You're right. We might as well give up. We are no longer 'supporters', but we shall now be called 'people'.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 12:42:23 »

if Cooper went and Williams stayed, in my view, nothing much would be different.
If you going to get rid of one, then you have to get rid of both

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 13:32:22 »

You're right. We might as well give up. We are no longer 'supporters', but we shall now be called 'customers'.

Corrected for you.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 13:35:07 »

Of course nothing would change, as Lee Power stated, he chooses the philosophy and Williams is the one coaching the team
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:01:37 »

Corrected for you.

Much better. Cheers, mate.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: