Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Squad Value  (Read 5090 times)
DRS

« on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:03:27 »

This has to be the first time in a long time that our squad has had a number of saleable assets. I know over the years we have always had the one striker who we have sold but realistically we must have 5/6 players who we would get fairly decent cash for.

Sothe question is what value would you put on the players we have at the moment and who do you think would raise the most.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:06:51 »

Hello Jed

In answer to your roundabout question of which players can I sell and line my pockets most quickly  Cheesy

Foderingham
Ferry
Caddis
N Thompson
L Thompson
Collins

Maybe a few others who I have forgot about
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:12:59 »

Depends what you mean by decent cash. I can't see any of our squad being worth more than say £250k at present. Guess the difference is that most of our squad are decent at present but with no real outstanding saleable assets.

Though think that would change with a half decent season in the Championship - Collins, N Thompson, Ferry and Collins could all be worth a good few quid then.
DRS

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:14:04 »

Depends what you mean by decent cash. I can't see any of our squad being worth more than say £250k at present. Guess the difference is that most of our squad are decent at present but with no real outstanding saleable assets.

Though think that would change with a half decent season in the Championship - Collins, N Thompson, Ferry and Collins could all be worth a good few quid then.
Really?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:18:03 »

Does anyone know what the price agreed with Brum re Caddis is?  I would hope that is excess of £250k ... Agree no one else though at this moment.
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:19:46 »

I can't see any of our squad being worth more than say £250k at present. Guess the difference is that most of our squad are decent at present but with no real outstanding saleable assets.

Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:24:31 »

I would say that Foderingham is worth half a million of anyones money but nobody else for me would be over £250k.

Flint, Collins, Ferry & Caddis would be worth around £100-150k and maybe even Williams up there too but thats about it for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:24:44 »

If any of the players were worth money, where were all the offers when we put the entire squad up for sale?

Why did the club say no fucker wants to buy anyone other than Ritchie?

Think it's a stronger all round squad than in recent years but no real high value players in there (at present). Though I reckon Wes has the biggest potential and find it a bit strange that no one has been in for him. I'd even go as far as to say I reckon he's the best keeper I've seen playing for us, in the 20 years I've been watching.
DRS

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:27:12 »

I heard we were offered over that for at least 4 of our squad
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:34:14 »

I would say that Foderingham is worth half a million of anyones money but nobody else for me would be over £250k.

Flint, Collins, Ferry & Caddis would be worth around £100-150k and maybe even Williams up there too but thats about it for me.

Deleted what I was going to write as I realised it was pretty much this. Although I think under normal circumstances we might get up around the £250k mark for Ferry and Caddis.

In a couple of years time Foderingham is going to be worth £2-3m in my opinion.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:38:00 »

I heard we were offered over that for at least 4 of our squad

Really? Surprised as the club didn't give that impression publicly.

How much over £250k?
DRS

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:39:59 »

Really? Surprised as the club didn't give that impression publicly.

How much over £250k?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:45:10 »

If any of the players were worth money, where were all the offers when we put the entire squad up for sale?

Why did the club say no fucker wants to buy anyone other than Ritchie?

Think it's a stronger all round squad than in recent years but no real high value players in there (at present). Though I reckon Wes has the biggest potential and find it a bit strange that no one has been in for him. I'd even go as far as to say I reckon he's the best keeper I've seen playing for us, in the 20 years I've been watching.
Shrewsbury came in with a cheeky offer for Collins after Ritchie had been sold.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:45:37 »

Was this the Wolves bid?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 4, 2013, 15:54:34 »

I would have sold one of the remaining players than take the poor fee for Richie if that is the case.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: