Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: An afterthought about the Bath rugby......  (Read 2818 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 14:11:21 »

......listening to Damien Hopley, who is the egg chaser's Gordon Taylor on the radio recently, he was talking about players getting too many injuries and burn out  because the they play too many club games.

He offered the view that the clubs needed this because of the generally small stadia they use, often with capacities of maybe 10,000.

The solution as the players saw it would be to play less games, but in bigger stadia, so income would work out roughly the same.

So straight away it can be seen, if this is the way to go for rugby, that say you must have at least a 20,000 capacity, then Bath will be in trouble without a move.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 21:15:31 »

I heard that wigan and reading won't be able to play in the premiership because they ground share (both with rugby teams). something to do with the amount of games played on the pitch because premiership pitches need to be the best and alll that

not saying we will ever get back to the premiership again

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 21:22:28 »

no it will neva happen whits dream on!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 18:05:54 »

All very well ,but you don't get 10,00 going to rugby games anyway, ao its a pointless thought really.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 18:38:12 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
All very well ,but you don't get 10,00 going to rugby games anyway, ao its a pointless thought really.

Things are changing iat the top of English rugby.....for example Leicester Tigers are moving into the Walkers Stadium.

This from their official site.....

Q: What average attendance will you budget for when we move to the new stadium?

A: The financial model we created, is based on an average attendance of 18,000 per match

In order to try and remain competitive the others will have to match this.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 18:54:29 »

18k for Leicester is a big figure but they're not far off that now.

Does seem like there is a huge surge in demand to watch the Rugby of late.

Interesting article from the mail *spit* here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/rugby.html?in_article_id=331759&in_page_id=1780

Still there has been no real positive noises from Bath as of yet.  They look to be pinning their hopes to original plans.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 19:00:31 »

Interesting, obviously in an ideal world Bath would want to be in a decent  Stadium in the city,  and to be honest I wouldn't want to share with a bunch of egg chasers, but getting any new build in bath is difficult hence the Univ moving some stuff along the M4.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 21:19:46 »

surely it just wouldn't work. The rec does need improving though!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 10:14:15 »

You don't get 10,000 going to watch Rugby, erm yeah you do!!  Bath Rugby would get higher attendances than us if we shared a stadium with them.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 16:23:13 »

i know i would go and watch rugby more often if it did happen.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 6, 2005, 16:05:34 »

Me too. I would definitely go to see Bath if it was easier for me to get to. I know loads of people who go and watch Bath every so often, so maybe they would go more frequently too?

I know that they get more than we do, but at the moment that's not hard. If we were to groundshare then that would throw all the new stadium plans out of the window because they would also want some of the revenue from new facilities.

And as for the Leicester point, we budgeted for an average of 7000 this year. It aint gonna happen is it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: