Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGM report....  (Read 2821 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 12:33:45 »

....present Carson, Holt, Gray and Iffy in for King.......SSW was there with Mickey at his side....reminded me of King Theoden and Grima Wormtongue.

James Wills who I've yet to see at one of these was reelected as was Gray.

A copy of SSW letter was handed out and the Trust handed out their response......and not much more was said on this matter.

The accounts were signed off....Gray mumbled something about the next set , and was asked to speak up.....so Holt took over from then.

Complaints were registered about the inconvenient timing of the meeting and  an evening was requested next time.

Holt was quizzed about the losses amassed on this Board's watch and the response was.....that's football.

Of particular interest was a question about the CVA payment of 900K in 2007......for which there is no contingency beyond that it wil happen if the CG gets the nod.....but if it doesn't there'll be no club.

This questioner then probed about the state of play with St Modwen...which is still precarious but not dead. Carson intimated that outline plans had been lodged with teh Council and they had been hoping for good news but this was delayed. These plans are the clubs not St M or any other developer, but they'd hope another could be found if ST M pull out.

Failing this they will look to franchise the club to another town.

Iffy gave an interesting overview of the club from his perspective, and his hopes for youth development.....he comes over well and seems to be enjoying his role.

Asked  whether a large number of the youth might get a deal of involvement this season to augment the 1st team squad as a matter of policy, he was a little evasive, but didn't rule it out.

Another point of interest is that planning permission still exists for a Stratton Bank stand....which has to take into account nearby houses...but as I've pointed out on numerous occasions the 94, wasn't stopped by the residents but because the club couldn't afford to carry on.

A redevelopment would concentrate on other areas of the ground for Hotel conferencing etc.

Can't be arsed to type more.....but will if something important comes to mind.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 12:40:07 »

Some interesting points there.

Not particularly good to hear about not having any contingency plans for the CVA payment.  Surely this is of such massive importance they should be looking at some?

Also the franchising of the club to another town......... :evil:

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 12:40:42 »

Cheers Mr Smeeton, very useful summary there as I'm sure others will agree Yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 12:43:16 »

Cheers Reg.

Looks like we are definitely in the last chance saloon regarding CVA payment and the CG redevelopment then.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 12:57:58 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Cheers Reg.

Looks like we are definitely in the last chance saloon regarding CVA payment and the CG redevelopment then.

SSW's letter apart from containing the slagging of the Trust does suggest that the best way for fans to help is to lobby the Council.....I know you live outside teh town, bu ti don't think that makes your opinion any the less worthwhile as you can indicate the importance of STFC as a beacon for interest in the town from a regional perspective.

Eric Beint got rid of the Borough of Thamesdown from Burnley.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 13:00:27 »

Reg, a daft question, but how does one go about lobbying the council.  what do I actually have to do?  Shout outside the offices?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 13:09:49 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Reg, a daft question, but how does one go about lobbying the council.  what do I actually have to do?  Shout outside the offices?

All councillors should hold surgeries for their constituents.....where you can meet them face to face.....yours could well be Lawn.....book in to see Mr Bawden, and ask him to consider your concerns.....do the same with the othe r 2.....book in to see Justin Tomlinson as self confessed lead councillor on the matter.

Also.....write letters to the Adver......

Write to the new Labour MP for South Swindon.....seek her opinions and ask her to make a public statement of support for any project which come up...also you can meet her and suggest she gets behind this on the basis of the importance to the community, with soccer schools Study Centre and Football in the Community
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 13:13:11 »

I wonder how many people would support a development on the current site, given that the Elton John thing seems popular?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 13:19:12 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
....I know you live outside teh town, bu ti don't think that makes your opinion any the less worthwhile as you can indicate the importance of STFC as a beacon for interest in the town from a regional perspective.

Indeed, and I will be doing so. I think it is clear this really is a life and death issue regarding STFC.

janaage, I also wasn't clear as to how to lobby the council. Being an 'outsider' with obviously no representative to directly lobby I have emailed the club for further guidance. I don't know whether I will get a response because it also included a less than complimentary response to Sir Setons statement regarding the trust.

If that avenue fails I will ask the trust who to lobby, a list of email/postal addresses regarding the relevant parties would be a start.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:01:30 »

cheers for the report Reg, I'm even more depressed now Crying
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:07:36 »

Stunned is what I am, stunned that a statement of intent to franchise the club can be slipped into discussion like it's an option for the fans & club.

We have put forward proposals for a development without a developer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What on earth are they playing at, how do they intend to fund it? How do they intend to build it? (there aren't many people left willing to get involved with us).

I'm sorry, this all smacks of lets bugger it up and then we have to move to a cheaper site out of Swindon in some souless business park and find a new fan base willing to pay a bit more (Newbury anyone?)

I've been supporting this club for 22 years and I've just about had enough, I'm almost at the point of believing the club needs to fold and be restarted, and that is a shocking state to find myself in.
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:25:41 »

The lack of any sort of contingency plan for the £900k CVA payment smacks of stupidity.  It seems as if we've been trading without any direction since we last came out of administration, chucking all our eggs in the basket marked "new Stadium"

As a footnote to that surely it is in SSW's interest to pay the £900k if no-one else will, given the millions that he's pumped in to the club over the years?  or would he just hand the club over to someone or some organisation for nothing and let them worry abouyt paying it, which they wont be able to afford
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:26:39 »

thats football!

Seriously this just shows how badly our club is being run.I see the end of everything just over the horizon.Im starting to wonder if I should have been so dismissive of the whole Franchise/Wimbledon situation.Newbury Robins? Gloucster Reds? Oh fuck!

/
W56196272
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:30:29 »

If the club was moved, theres not a chance I'd support them.

I'd rather support Highworth.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 14:33:42 »

I guess the board aren't willing or able to pump money in ad infiniteum. The problem is their current business plan, formed as part of the CVA, has failed. Will the new one be any better?

Franchising : would they use it as a way out, i.e. "sell" the club or would they carry on elsewhere. Either way there is no guarentee that this would be allowed despite the Franchise move. It would guarentee the end of STFC as far as I am concerned, even if the club was moved closer to me (eg. Newbury)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: